This is the dessert I made for Thanksgiving this year. It was so good. It is a no bake pie. It contains the right combination of melted chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil. The top layer is a chocolate shell. Underneath is a creamy chocolate mousse and a graham cracker crust.
This is not a low-fat recipe but you should feel good about the fact that you are using healthier plant-based ingredients. No butter, cow milk, or white sugar.
*Makes two pies
2 graham cracker crusts (store-bought or you can make your own with crushed graham crackers and a tablespoon of vegan butter)
Chocolate shell for two pies: 4 tbsp. dairy free chocolate chips + 2 tbsp. coconut oil melted together
19 ounces silken tofu
1/4 c. soy creamer
1/2 c. vegan cream cheese
2/3 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. vegan chocolate chips
1/3 c. coconut oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. agave
dash of cinnamon
1. Melt 1/2 c. chocolate chips and 1/3 c. coconut oil using a microwave or double broiler. Mixture should be smooth. Set aside.
2. Add the tofu, peanut butter, vegan cream cheese, agave, soy creamer, salt, and cinnamon to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until creamy. Add more soy creamer if you have trouble blending.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture in and blend at the lowest setting.
4. Pour the mousse filling into the two crusts.
5. Melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil for the chocolate shell. Pour this over the mousse. You can swirl the chocolate into designs if desired.
6. Place the pies in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then transfer to the refrigerator. Chill until ready to serve.
7. Serve with vegan whipped cream and chocolate chips. Enjoy!
*Revised from Healthy. Happy. Life.