●Steamboat is home to natural hot springs. Settlers believed that the hot springs were actually a steamboat coming down the river. When settlers saw that there was no steamboat, and that the sound was coming from the hot springs, they decided to name the town Steamboat Springs.
4. Rabbit Ears Pass: This is a mountain pass to the south of Steamboat. It is called Rabbit Ears Pass because there are two rocks at the top of the mountain that look like rabbit ears.
5. Howelsen Ski Area: Oldest ski area in continuous use in Colorado. It also serves as an Olympic training site. The winter carnival features fireworks and flare runs. Night tubing and ski jumping occurs here.
6. Downtown: The downtown area features many great restaurants, coffee shops, and stores.
7. West Lincoln Park: This park is located along the Yampa River. It features a small pond and playground area for kids.
8. Old Town Hot Springs: The hot springs are located downtown. It features multiple pools and two slides.