1. It is cheaper! One woman uses 22 items of sanitary protection every period. Regardless of your flow, you only need to buy 1 cup, and it lasts for years and years!
2. It is greener!
3. It is safer! Tampons can cause dryness and leave fibers behind. These alternative cups contain no dyes, BPA, toxins, or bleaches.
4. There is no leakage or odor!
5. These cups have never been associated with toxic shock syndrome!
6. It is convenient! You only need one so you don’t need to carry spares or worry about disposal.
1. Mooncup www.mooncup.co.uk This is a reusable cup, around 2 inches long and made from soft medical grade silicone. It is worn internally a lot lower than a tampon and it collects fluid instead of absorbing it. It is inserted, removed, rinsed and reinserted up to every 8 hours. You can use it overnight, and when exercising and swimming. $30
2. Softcup www.softcup.com
3. The DivaCup www.divacup.com
4. Keeper www.keeper.com
5. Luna pads http://lunapads.com/ These are washable pads. They can be reused for 3-5 years.
Please give it a try! You can make a difference for the environment!