How much money can you save in a year?
1. Cancel one magazine subscription. Read the magazine at the library. A 1 year subscription to People magazine is $116 as stated on amazon.com.
2. Use cloths instead of paper towels. You can buy a set of 4 dish towels for $4. Paper towels cost about $2 for 3 rolls. The average family uses 52 rolls of paper towels a year costing them about $35.
3. Use a moon cup instead of tampons or pads. A moon cup is $30 and can last for years. You would use 21 tampons at most for each cycle. A pack of 20 is around $5. Tampons cost $60 a year.
4. Wear glasses instead of contacts. A year supply of contacts cost about $125. Contact solution costs about $50 a year. One pair of glasses cost about $150 with an eye exam. Remember that glasses will probably last longer than a year.
5. Cancel your cable and watch television online. The most popular Directv cable subscription is $360 a year.
6. Don’t buy books. Get them from the library. Let’s say you buy 10 books a year at $15 each. You would spend $150 a year.
7. Take a 5 minute shower instead of a 15 minute shower. You will use 35 gallons for a 5 minute shower and 105 gallons for a 15 minute shower. You will use 6370 gallons of water a year if you take a shower every other day for 5 minutes. You will use 19,110 gallons of water a year if you take a shower every other day for 15 minutes. By saving 12,740 gallons a year you will save about $19 assuming the water rate is $1.50 per 1000 gallons. This does not include heating the water. Remember this is just for one person!
Total Savings: $731!!!