1. Add warm water to a small bowl.
2. Sprinkle the package of yeast to the water. Do not stir. Cover for 5 minutes.
3. Stir and let sit for an additional 3 minutes.
4. In another bowl mix together the flour and salt. (Add additional seasonings if desired) Add yeast mixture. Knead.
5. Cover and set aside to allow the dough to rise for about an hour.
6. Grease a cookie sheet.
7. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces.
8. Roll each piece into a rope about 1 inch thick. Wet the ends and stick together.
9. Place on cookie sheet. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
11. Fill a wok or pot with about 3 inches of water.
12. Place vegan sugar in the water and bring to a boil.
13. Add bagels for 1 minute, turning them as they boil. Drain.
14. Place bagels on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle bagels with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, cinnamon and sugar etc. before baking if desired. Dipping the bagel into a plate of seeds works well.