Free things to do:
1. Stroll through Beacon Hill Park. There is a petting zoo, a lake, and beautiful gardens. The children’s petting zoo accepts donations. I walked through the park and got to the ocean. You can see the Olympic Mountains across the water.
|Beacon Hill Park|
5. Check out the churches in town. These include the St. Andrew’s Roman Catholic Cathedral and the Christ Church Cathedral.
|St. Andrew’s Roman Catholic Church|
7. Watch performers at the inner harbor. Each evening through the summer months, the inner harbor causeway comes alive with street performers and merchants.
8. Market Square. This charming mall has a courtyard that quite often is filled with free entertainment. It consists of a courtyard surrounded by three stories of shops and eating establishments.
9. Take a garden walk. Visit the University of Victoria and the Governor’s mansion. Each has an excellent garden that you can tour for free.
10. Take a free tour. The BC Provincial Legislature, the Victoria Estate Winery, and the Vancouver Island Brewery all have free tours.
11. Go on an antique walk. A walk east along Fort Street from Douglas will take you past numerous antique shops.
12. Go on a hike. Go on the Galloping Goose trail, The Dallas Road Waterfront, East Sooke Park, Juan de Fuca Trail and the West Coast Trail.
13. Go on a beach walk. Victoria has many excellent and scenic beaches. Check out the Dallas Road Cliffs, Willows Beach, Cadboro Bay, Whitty’s Lagoon, and Island View Beach.