1. The first step is to cook the rice. Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a saucepan.
2. Once the water is boiling, put ½ c. brown rice in the saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat.
3. While the rice is cooking, cut the carrot, cucumber and avocado. Cut the carrot and the cucumber into matchsticks. Cut the avocado lengthwise. Take the pit out. Cut ½ the avocado into slices with the skin in place. Take a spoon and spoon out the avocado.
4. Once the rice is done, put 1 tbsp of seasoned rice vinegar in the rice and stir.
5. Let the rice cool.
6. Place 1 sheet of nori on a cutting board, rough side up. It should be vertical.
7. Spread rice evenly on the bottom ½ of the nori.
8. Add the carrot, cucumber, and avocado on top of the rice.
9. Roll it up tightly. You can also use a sushi mat. Before reaching the end, water the top edge with water so that the rolls stay together.
10. Cut into fourths. Use a serrated knife and saw your way through.
11. Place on a plate.
12. Repeat with 2nd sheet.
13. Serve with wasabi and Bragg’s if desired. You can put the wasabi and Bragg’s in small bowls or you can put directly on the rolls. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the rolls.